The Student News Site of Pierson High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Wedding Singer

The Wedding Singer

April 11, 2019

After careful planning from the directors and administrators, Pierson High School’s spring musical was scheduled to open on April 11th. The problem is, the date comes with a catch. This year, the young performers were given less time than usual to put together this wild story about love and misunderstanding.
Based off of the 1998 movie The Wedding Singer, starring Adam Sandler, this musical takes the audience through the ups and downs of the life of Robbie Hart (played by Thomas Lawton in Pierson’s production). Robbie, the lead singer of Simply Wed, a band that performs at weddings, is eager to get to his own wedding when his fiance breaks his heart. Unfortunately for the band, this puts Robbie out of commission. His bandmates, Sammy (Jack Nolan) and George (Yanni Bitis), as well as their new friend Julia Sullivan (Reilly Rose Schombs), try to put him back on his feet.
Full of energetic dance numbers and nostalgic music, this entertaining tale was a challenge to being with. However, the talented students of Pierson High School are sure to pull it off. After months of work, the show is finally ready. Come see The Wedding Singer at 7:00 pm on April 11th! If you can’t make it then, it’s never too late to catch the show on Friday or Saturday night. If night shows aren’t your thing, come see the Saturday matinee (2:00 pm).

The Hypothetical • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in