The Student News Site of Pierson High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly Roundup: December 3rd, 2018

GettyImages

GettyImages

GettyImages

Weekly Roundup: December 3rd, 2018

What's going on this week?

December 3, 2018

A lot is going on in the world for the week of December 3rd through 9th, in many different fields including concerts, festivals, shows, and politics. Being the first full week of December, or known to most like the time that holiday music can finally be played and decorations can go up, a ton of holiday festivities are occurring. In New York City the famous Radio City Christmas Spectacular is now up and running for 2018, along with many other holiday-themed events such as the Grand Central Holiday Fair and the Union Square Holiday Market, which both take place every day this week, as well as Brooklyn’s Largest Menorah Lighting on the 4th. If all the holiday festivities aren’t cutting it, a few of Broadway’s shows such as Once On This Island, Kinky Boots, Head Over Heels, American Son, and more are closing soon into the new year, so now might be a good time to see them before your opportunity runs out. Aside from just New York City, entertainment movies are being released this week, like Mary Queen Of Scots and Schindler’s List (2018)- both coming out on December 7th- Bumblee  (Advanced Screening) coming out on December 8th, and many more coming out in the week to follow.

The politics bringing us into the new week include the last senate race, which took place in Mississippi on November 27th, a threat from Trump to America’s largest automaker that was written about on November 29th, 103 Congressional races that were decided by less than 10% of the population on November 30th, and the death of George H. W. Bush on November 30th. What Americans have to look forward to in this coming week is the legalization of marijuana in Michigan, and George H. W. Bush’s funeral on December 5th, which the president will be attending. Though we don’t know a lot in advance, I’m sure that more political occurrences will take place the week of December 3rd.

The Hypothetical • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in