The Student News Site of Pierson High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly Roundup: December 17th, 2018

TimeOut

TimeOut

TimeOut

Weekly Roundup: December 17th, 2018

December 20, 2018

Congratulations everyone, we’ve finally made it to the last week of school before break! I’m assuming that most of you have a test each day this week and a bunch of end-of-term assignments due, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make time for some fun. As we get closer and closer to Christmas, more holiday-related events are taking place in New York City, the main one being Santa popping up all over the place. There are also many carol sing-along type events at churches and schools everywhere. Aside from Christmas themed events, many New Years celebrations are starting to occur; one of them taking place on Monday the 17th, where W New York – Downtown is putting on a 2018 Wrap playlist party from 6 pm to 8 pm. A daily event going on in the city is the Luminaries light installation with a great charity-twist produced by Brookfield Place.

Though they’re becoming more and more uncommon, events unrelated to holidays are still common this week. For anyone looking for a fitness related activity this week, Lululemon is holding a practice run on 5th avenue on the 17th. Movies coming out this week include Mary Poppins Returns which hits theaters December 19th, Aquaman which comes out the 21st along with Bumblebee, Second Act, and Welcome to Marwen. This week’s top politics include Gov. Cuomo’s idea to legalize adult use of recreational marijuana in New York at the beginning of the new year, along with his thoughts on money problems and making New York 100% carbon neutral. With all these events coming up this last week should fly right by.

The Hypothetical • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in