The Student News Site of Pierson High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Weekly Roundup: January 14th, 2019

Weekly Roundup: January 14th, 2019

January 15, 2019

Even though we’ve reached yet another full 5 day week at school, there is no reason to be too sad because we have a long weekend! This week there are plenty of fun things to look forward in addition to Martin Luther King Jr Day, aka a day off school. The city is buzzing with exciting activities, including the Women’s March on NYC taking place on the 19th from 11 am to 4 pm, the Queens Baseball Convention also on the 19th from 11 am to 7 pm11 and the Chocolate Museum and Experience with Jacques Torres on the 16th to the 20th from 11 am to 4:30 pm. This week’s new movies are All These Small Moments coming out on the 17th, Glass which is coming out on the 18th, along with I Hate Kids as well as Egg both coming out on the 18th. Regarding the current US politics; the government has remained closed for over 20 days, despite lawmakers advising President Donald Trump to reopen. It is being said that Trump still wants to discuss the wall’s funding before reopening since he is not backing off his demands regarding the wall. Though it appears no one is fully aware of the government’s opening date, maybe it’ll create some action to spice up this week! I hope everyone has a great week at school, just keep looking forward to that long weekend.

The Hypothetical • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in